Mass Effect 3 Platinum get!
1 week, 3 days…would have taken me less time if I hadn’t of messed up on a few missions…and had to grind 2k kills on Earth afterwards. Gods, talk about tedious.
- Liara is amazing. AMAZING.
- Kai Leng was easy. After reading multiple stories of people needing 20+ attempts to beat him, and how it came down to luck, doing it on my first try was a shock. Overload dealt with him easily, and I just used Energy Drain on the Phantoms in the last wave and followed it up with the Singularity + Warp combo that got me through the majority of the game to get rid of them.
- I HATE Banshees. The missile defense bit before the end was HELL. I only made it through by running around and using Energy Drain on Marauders when my shields died. NOTHING WORKED ON THEM. Other than running around and spamming the crap out of my powers and praying.
- Most of my deaths were due to my own nerves/incompetence, rather than actual difficulty…a lot like ME2, in fact. I’d say this was perhaps slightly easier than ME2 – the memory of the Reaper IFF mission is fresh in my mind, although Banshees were worse than anything ME2 threw at me, Harbinger included – but I didn’t treat it as such…or I got impatient and tried to storm places. That got me killed very quickly.
- I now understand the Marauder Shields meme…and hell, I wish I didn’t. I very nearly gave up. I haven’t been more annoyed at a game in a long time…not since Baten Kaitos, in fact. That was worse than anything else in any of the games. I hope whoever came up with that was fired. Screw the ending, fans should be complaining about that. Priorities, people.
So, now I have 3 Mass Effect platinum trophies, which has been a goal of mine since I got the games last year; I love the series and I wanted to experience all they had to offer…Insanity certainly provided that. So, what’s next for me?
Final Fantasy XIII.
Oh yes. I have hated this series since it first came out…three years ago. Maybe it’s time for another run. Heaven help me, I’m such a masochist…